Dial or text 911 if you are in immediate danger.

Mental Health Crisis Text Line

Suicide Hotline

Physical Abuse or Violence



  • Vermont USDA Rabies Hotline: 1-800-472-2437 (1-800-4-RABIES) or 1-802-223-8690 (in Vermont)

Alcohol or Drug Use

Quit Smoking

  • Visit 802quits.org for free tips, tools and support for Vermonters ages 18+ who are ready to quit all forms of tobacco use. Teens who need help quitting smoking or vaping can text "Start My Quit" to 36072 to access free, confidential My Life, My Quit services.

Vermont 211

  • Dial 2-1-1 anywhere in Vermont or visit Vermont211.org to get live referral help to public and private state and community services.

Other Health Department Resources

Contact us

Last Updated: